Friday, August 2, 2013

"Amerikan Holokaust"


"Disturbing". "Vile". "Unsettling".  3 words that could describe the first film from director Chris Woods.  Now I'm not saying that in a bad way, I'm just being honest.  Does that mean it's a bad movie?  No...but it depends on if you are a fan of this type of film.

It's a faux documentary / found footage style film that tells the story of 2 friends, Michael & Antwan.  2 war veteran serial killers who thrive on kidnapping, torturing, raping, & murdering women.   Throughout the movie, you slowly learn about how these 2 became the sickening duo they are.

Having to work with pretty much ZERO budget, the movie was well shot & edited.  The acting ( esp Sceiro & Glazier ) was really convincing & nauseating.  I know some people have compared it to certain other films of this genre but I won't.  I can see the inspiration but A.H. has it's own feel to it.

Do I recommend seeing it?  Yes...but like I said before, only if you "like" these type of flicks.

If you are interested in seeing it, click the link below for more information.

Amerikan Holokaust on Facebook